View Single Post
Old December 1st 2013, 19:42

Now that you've described it, I can see what you did (well, as much as can be seen). Before, I only noticed at the end of the video, just before you turn into the driveway. I didn't even look at the front end of the bar...I just assumed it was a sway bar.

When I first got back into Supers (earlier this year) I was going crazy trying to figure out a way to make the fore/aft movement of the control arm into a non-factor (just for suspension stability...I over think everything. Just ask Superman). I looked at so many different designs that I can't recall any car companies, but there are a few using the same idea that you did. Another idea I looked at is using a track arm from the rear so a sway could still be used (more or less in the factory location).

How do you avoid caster changes as the suspension swings through the arc? Or do you just limit the movement with the stiff springs? Clearly, with 550# springs, you're not going to get much movement.

The more I thought about it, the more crazy it made me. I finally decided, perhaps, a T shaped control arm where the "T" was the pivot point up and down. With this, however, there would be no ability to adjust caster...a least not on that end. That's when I decided I would just do urathane bushes and back away.