View Single Post
Old April 4th 2010, 15:08
Administrator

Interesting to hear the photos made Thule's site. I haven't seen them, got a link?

In regards to the heads, it's one area I cheaped out on for sure. Didn't have the budget for the heads I wanted, having blown up the 1600 earlier then 'planned'. I'm torn between spending the money on the machine work for this set vs getting the heads I want and working on those in the summer. I'm also on a time crunch, I co-organize a classic car event called the Spring Thaw Classic Car Adventure, and I've got 25 days before I need to have this car running and debugged at the start

The parts are back from balancing, and it's good to see that I didn't spend a pile of $$ to have them unpack and repack my parts I did make them earn it though, tore the engine down at about 2am so they got to clean all the grease off them for me

Engine bits were cleaned for final assembly in the kitchen sink. I keep thinking we could use a shop sink in the garage, maybe next time?

Light coat of black paint on the cylinders. Still torn on this one...might run them through the blast cabinet and rewash.

And, here's where I got to last night. Should have the the long block assembled today, need to think about the head work which will probably pause me for a week. That will give me a chance to attack some things on the chassis side of the equation.

Only 25 sleeps until the Spring Thaw Classic Car Adventure, which I co-organize. Not a whole lot of time to button this up, test it and organize the event!

-Dave
'68 Type 1 - Interm German 'look' project
'75 Type 1 - Family Heirloom
'93 Chevy 3500 pickup - Cummins Swap