View Single Post
Old April 12th 2010, 02:13
Administrator

Getting closer on the build...

Oil return fitting installed, and then I discovered that it's going to interfere with the engine tin. Hmmm. How have you guys dealt with this?

I've got multiple tin sets, and for now trimmed the tin to fit. Ran some silicone hose around the cut-out to make sure vibrations don't rub the tin against the fitting. Looks neater in person vs. the 'testing' shots.

Pistons & cylinders installed for the last time. Fuel pump, oil filler, oil pressure warning light and some cooling tin installed.

Here's the head work that was done. All combustion chambers matched to 54cc and smoothed out.

Intake valves were given a 4-step cut, and the intake tracks were smoothed out and ported. Exhaust ports as well.

(hard to see, but its there I swear! :P)

Dual valve springs...

...but I'm still stuck with the engine here for a while. Need a few other items before I can continue.

In the meantime I figured out my oil filter mount, so I can figure out my oil line length and make those. Also wired up the sub, and worked on the Accusump for a bit. The sump is going to be a headache!

These pieces of wood represent all the space i have to make the sump, air gauge, valve and hose fittings fit. At first look, it doesn't seem plausible...but it's just one more puzzle to solve.

-Dave
'68 Type 1 - Interm German 'look' project
'75 Type 1 - Family Heirloom
'93 Chevy 3500 pickup - Cummins Swap