View Single Post
Old July 2nd 2004, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_H2O
If you have never driven or taken a ride in an 1800 lb. bug with 150 hp stuffed up the back of it you might want to do that before you start planning on a 300 hp powerplant. A 150 hp bug is fairly quick, not alot of stuff on the street will run with it. Stuff 200 hp in one and it is crazy quick. Add the right 5 speed to that ant is is both crazy quick and fast. 150 hp should keep all the hot Honda's and 5.0 Mustangs at bay. 200 hp should keep all the rest in your rearview.
I might be a little late on this one but a small displacment 200hp turbo engine will definitely keep almost anything at bay. Remember hp is great but torque gets you moving. Turbo engines and type-4 engine are notorious for making tons o' torque. I'd say one of my dream cars would be the purplish bug with a 230 hp type-4. It was in VWtrends not too long ago ( someone has to remember it). Anyways It ran 12's at the track yet has been clocked on the autobahn at 150mph. Could you ask for more? I think the thing that hinders a VW from being able to accelerate like newer cars (modified WRX and GTI's) at higher speeds would be the gearbox. Blah Blah Blah...