View Single Post
Old July 6th 2004, 01:31

I've had my 1302 for 14 years now, and from day one i've been trying to get to go fast. Growing/living in the hills I've really learned to appreciate the twisties. Who in their right mind would dump, lets say $10,000-$30,000+ on a Volkswagen Bug. Now since the German Look is starting to take off and the obvious potential of these cars is finally becoming known by the VW community and not by the rest of the automotive industry that will make for a lot of fun times for us when we finally get our machines on the street.
What I'm tring to say is that we are all very sick in the head but we all have same sickness. A vision of a Volkswagen tearing some of the best cars in road race like conditions. Back in the late sixties vw's were smashing GTO's and other 8's in the quarters but that was then, and now its the corners. And we got to be on the cutting edge to keep up with these new cars that are coming out, they keep on getting faster and faster, so we gotta do the same. It's just evolution of a old design.