View Single Post
Old December 15th 2009, 15:35

Yes, I know mate; I just feel it a shame to put a watercooled engine in it for all the simple reasons I just mentioned. I'd rather run a nice solid type 1 than a jap watercooler.
But thats entirely my take on what I like. No offense and thanks for the kind words on my engine.
Make no mistake though, its not cheap at all, but mainly because I 'overdo' things internally.
There IS a reason it runs so cool and stays in one piece, but maybe it wasn't neccesary what I have all done. I probably overdid some parts, which made it more expensive than nessesary. I dunno, but I have little room for constant failures to find out if...

Thanks,
Walter

Edit: to (not) answer your question anbout costs: I am sure you can (and probably have) add up parts cost for a n/a type 4 in a bug. Even doing that you must have noticed that even a tuned type 1 is not much less expensive (you can hardly use the word 'cheap' with these hobbies) when done right than a second hand suby engine.
Not much point trying to compare that. Even then, you still will have spend a very decent sum of money and a **** load of work after your suby engine fits, runs and cools well and you still have a jap watercooled engine in your bug after all that... I dunno, it just doesn't ever seem justified im(h)o. But hey, since you asked me ;-)
But in all honesty, you did not really think I went to the trouble to keep account of all costs over all these years of executing my hobby did you?

Last edited by Wally; December 15th 2009 at 16:07.