View Single Post
Old July 24th 2004, 02:17

Do a search on the kersher struts, from what I understand they have adjusable preload, and a different kind of spring rate(I think non progressive), and the height adjustment is threaded nut style. They are the best but they are not cheap, plus you'll have to add in shipping from Germany. The Maxx struts work just fine on a street car. You'll probally want the full 944 rear suspension like the one I have, maybe from a post 86 951 if your thinking about Brembo's. The 944/951 rear setup is the best I'm aware of. You'll want shocks to fit the rear control arms that you wind up using, the Koni yellows I want are $130 a peice so they'll have to wait. Kafer cup brace will make the rear more rigid and eliminate rear wheel hop. The how-to nitty gritty has been beaten to death on several previous posts, once again use the search function.

PS-doing all of these upgrades to a bug is advanced stuff, it would help a whole to get familiar with the stock setup then you'll have a lot more understanding of what/why your doing what your doing.