View Single Post
Old March 17th 2011, 04:05

Lightbulb 100mm forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
Hi

I fitted alloy arms for a number of reasons, I've moved my motor forward 100 mm, using alloy arms I have to use longer axles, this cuts down the CV angle.

Marco on Shoptalk has come up with some adjustable inner pivot bushes to overcome excessive camber on lowered cars, I think I could use this idea but instead of gaining camber I could use them to move the pivot point for more toe in.
one inch equals 25.44mm, which is to say 100mm a little short of 4 inches forward. wow have you completed this part of your project yet? The reason for my inquiry is due to having 3 Super Beetles. I've been toying with the ideal of using a SVX Subaru engine in one of the three. I believe the four inches will allow me to have everything under to hood. I have the core SVX engine and the adapter plate. I may even connect it to a automatic transmission. Would you please keep me posted as to your updates. At present I have just had shoulder surgery and can't do any lifting of the adapter plate to the trans axle.