View Single Post
Old July 27th 2006, 00:14

All my pictures wouldn't fit, sooo... another post.

I decided a few weeks ago to shorten my oil pan. That's about the time I started on it. I didn't know exactly what I wanted, I just knew I wanted it shorter. So I started cutting, I ended up getting myself in a bind. I started cutting before I had a real plan. Big mistake! I managed to weld it back together and add a bottom to it. It doesn't leak but it's not very pretty. The weld in the middle going all around it, shouldn't be there. and wouldn't if I had planned it out. Also, it doesn't leak. I tested it.

Pictures!
This is the bottom of the block. I got it all nice and clean before I realized I need a new O-ring for the pick up. You can also see in this picture the shortened oil pick up tube will mount in the stock location. I also need to change the flywheel. I didn't have the touque specs when I put the plate on, so I'll change it later.

This is the beautiful oil pan on the engine.

Another picture of my beautiful oil pan, along side is the oil pick up. I had to shorten it too.

I'll be out in the shop again tomarrow. Not sure if they'll be much pictures worthy things going on.

In the last picture you can see Tim's old race car. It made the paper after it was rolled a few times at the track. Next to it, a picture of Army Armstrong's old drag bug. Makin' Bacon' Just a few tid bits of info.

Comments and/or suggestions are always welcome.
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...

Last edited by Mikey; July 27th 2006 at 00:18.