View Single Post
Old June 18th 2009, 19:28

So the shakedowns continue...

I've been driving her to work for the last couple of days and had an adventure because of it. Ran out of gas twice, first time the tank was empty and I didn't believe the gauge (it sure showed me) and the second time the high pressure fuel line popped off the fuel pump (mad sure that won't happen again). Broke down in a really pretty spot though so was was kind of nice.

And here's where I'm shaking her down, my morning commute. 218 corners, 3000 feet of elevation changes, about 17 miles, and it all looks like the pics above. It's like running 2 laps around the nurburgring every morning on your way to work.

Turned up the wastegate spring to give me as much boost as possible but I've only mustered about 10psi max due to tuning. I keep running into lean spots above 5k and hearing detonation so I've fattened up the afr target map a bunch. I'm getting terrible fuel milage however, somewhere in the are of 10mpg or less when I'm not pouring gas on the ground. Here's a log from a freeway entrance ramp, 0-70mph at not quite WOT.