View Single Post
Old April 12th 2013, 17:02

My attempt at building GL beetle

My original concept for the car was a stock looking one without to many body mods.However since I decided on going for a Subaru conversion I needed a way to get direct air into the front mounted radiator.I decided to loose the stock look and fit a front spoiler.I figured that as I already had these huge wheels and brakes the stock look had already gone out the window so adding a spoiler wouldn't be much more.The other reason was front end stability (form follows function )Hopefully this will direct air around the car better at high speed.I would like to fit some floor pan mods at some point to get the air under the car quicker.So I went to a car breakers in another daily 1303 and spent hours going through front spoilers to see what might work.I decided on this its off a Rover 400
This has been custom fitted by Luke at Terrys Beetle Services he grafted VW indicator lenses into it as well as extending it and making up brackets.I think it suits the round shape/lines of the 1303 but I would say that wouldnt I.
[IMG]~original[/IMG] It sits lower now than here in the pics as it clips the lights in this pic.
[IMG]~original[/IMG]

Last edited by graham; April 12th 2013 at 17:04. Reason: spelling mistake