View Single Post
Old September 24th 2004, 14:39

Figured I'd chime in again..

Looking for another option to get bias right. As it has been mentioned there may be some advantage to running mulit pot pistons. That being said... I have been researching the Wilwood Line of Calipers. There Forged Dynalite's with 1.75 inch pistons are made for different size rotors. Can't remember size of the N/A 944 but from a quick glance this morning they looked like 1".

I say this because I have been looking for Mulitpiston options that were inexpensive for my WRX, which sees the track. For my particular application, only a bracket needs to be made. Which is where the trial and error as well as some engineering come into play. The mounting method via bracket could be used with the 944 spindles to possible create a nice set up. For the WRX this enables me to use 16in wheels and clear my stock rims.

Thought that this could be another option.. I can machine a bracket but need to find out where to do it.. Getting the dimmensions will be trial and error but for about 125 a caliper, could not hurt.

Any thoughts.. haven't looked at the rear yet, but its probably a bracket away..

Not sure what type of metal to use..
i.e what grade steal or aluminum (sp) any thoughts.. I have heard of alumin. brackets braking..