View Single Post
Old August 20th 2007, 18:19

something different in style

I been doing some thinking of after redoing my bug in basically stock form just to get it on the road (its almost done if crap would stop happening where I gotta buy other things not to do with the VW).

Well I been thinking of 2 things but not sure really.1 idea is a Volksrod theme or I guess its GL but more on the Jap style theme.
For the Volksrod idea I was going to buy a 8" extention for the front, remove fenders,bumper,apron up front, then ste the fenders for front something like a prowler where the fenders turn.The Extention beam lowers the front 2" along with the drop spindles its another 2.5".Then the rear will have the stock look but with wider fenders, and oldschool rims.Oh an paint it solid blue eventually.

Idea 2 comes from a few GL's Ive seen and from the Jap theme.Id leave my bug the colors it is. Then lower the front an rear even. THen get some mid offset wheels that are 7" wide for front an rear an get low pro tires.
I seen a few new VW's with low offset wheels where the are at the lip of the fender.Never seen a bug like this as far as I know.
But will a rim with +20-35et be ok on a bug?