View Single Post
Old June 15th 2004, 15:39

I think the revision of the rules is the correct thing to do also and look good so far.

I am still not quite in the market for my next beetle yet, but have always known I wanted to go with a Type IV engine and Porsche brakes. Other modifications will be made to make it a more safe vehicle, but I'm not sure how much else I want to do yet.

The initial guidelines for inclusion in the club had me turned off a bit. I kinda liked the idea of a 'sleeper' look and didn't really want to dechrome, repaint, replace all interior, etc. I did some initial estimating on what I'd like to do and found myself in the lower of the two classes, but in most cases in the higher class. I'm with (I think Pillow said it) in that it will meet my needs and I would just be happy to be included.

I think it's good for the club to widen the scope of the acceptable cars. I may not be 100% GL hardcore, but definitely would have more GL than some of the 'regular' clubs around. It would be good for me to be able to associated with guys that have the same type of engines and brakes to help me learn more.

So bravo on the rules adjustments. I should be seriously looking for an early beetle around October.