View Single Post
Old March 11th 2008, 00:00

Nice meeting/seeing everyone again. Had a good time, and the drive back was much better with only some rain to deal with. Got in at 7pm, had a nap, and now at work on the night shift, looking at the weekends pics!

In the morning i will be a mess. I looked at the Navi/GPS and i did 3700kms and just shy of 38hrs of driving! The 4hr 30mph drive through OHIO/Kentucky in the snow with the summer tires was scary.

The bummer of the weekend was waking up to snow falling Saturday morning. I was cleaning up the car in the mild Friday night at the carwash, and i thought the local guy washing his truck was pulling my leg. I asked him what the forecast was for Saturday --> cold & snow!

Jake I hope you get involved next year. Your commentary was entertaining, and the driver/builder interviews were an awesome addition.

Damon’s Pro-Stock was quite a sight to see. The land speed record Ghia had me cringing with every 100rpm it was slowly climbing. Hopefully more racers are there next year, possibly a Pro-stock invitational/shootout? Well, the track closing down with the snow Saturday, was key to Damon’s ride being there.

Have tons of pics, will post in the coming days.

Love coming down, and hope to see ya'll again next year!

Biting my tongue on this one, but i hope to have the '52 there for '09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchnride247 View Post
Hey! I seen that car with a T1 in the back of it!
Seeing the confused looks as people walked by was priceless! Many thought that T1 was powering my Golf.

Pete

Last edited by petevw; March 11th 2008 at 01:24.