View Single Post
Old April 6th 2008, 13:45

@ skywalker:

why should I contact Bug-Box when they prefer talking my products bad instead of contacting me and talking about a "problem"?
The thing with the correct 24 mm ball on a Porsche-shifter would have been solved within seconds if they called me first instead of talking the things down. They had the Beetle shifter first (cause the customer liked the design of this one), so they should have known that this one came with the 22 mm ball.
They did not order the parts. The owner of the car (who´s a very kind fellow) bought them from me when he visited me. He wanted my parts, but let me know during the project-phase that Bug-Box preferred to invent the wheel new instead of using my parts. He always talked positive about Bug-Box, but did not really understand either why they didn´t use the parts.

But I think that this is a general problem. Talked to an elder well known tuner who´s name starts with "K" on the Maikäfertreffen some years ago. Showed him my 914-nosecone. He told me that they used to do some similiar things like Bug-Box (milling and welding) already 20 years ago to get the 901-gearbox into te Beetle. Told him that it seems that we had the same start with this stuff and that he´s still doing the same whilst I´ve engineered some parts that make the conversion much easier. Heard from a customer (who had such a welded) nosecone that he bought this 2 years ago and that this tuner "K" still sells the welded ones. The welded one was leaking oil, cause the temperature of welding bend the nosecone.

Everyone can work as he wants, but if he likes to stay in the middle ages, then he should not start talking bad about others that really try to bring things forward. In the end it is mostly so, that the customer pays more for a customized original part, than for a new part that is being produced in a middle sized batch.

Martin

Last edited by Bugat5speed; April 6th 2008 at 13:48.