View Single Post
Old June 27th 2006, 21:11

Finally got the motor and trans back in and have driven it in the yard-feels very responsive.All the extra wiring needed for the auto is done-fitted a kickdown switch on the centre throttle pivot,wired the neutral start and reverse lights with a loom I run along side the interior brake pipe(looks neat and will be hidden under the carpet) I made an aluminium panel and fitted a starter button just behind the gear shifter.I modified a later short handbrake lever so I had some more room here.Pulled the shifter out again and took it apart-needed to bend the lever-when it was in Park,the lever was too far forward and hard to reach.Made it sit vertical in Park and it's good now.Drilled and tapped the 4 manifolds for small vacuun lines for the auto's modulator valve and run them into a common line.At this stage I am still using the Type1 CV's,will have to see how they handle the job.Still running with the Webers at the moment-just want to get it going and drive it B4 fitting the fuel injection.Have just bought myself a TIG welder,so may make everything again out of Aluminium.Have reset the rear suspension and lifted the front a little as well-I'm happy with it now.[IMG] [/IMG]