View Single Post
Old September 7th 2006, 00:31

Yes-I moved the horns out 50mm(2 inches) each side to allow the auto to fit between them.I also cut the sides out of the horns and welded extra stiffeners inside each one.Also made a Kafer type brace to stiffen the whole back end up.I used front engine mounts from a V8 Chrysler for bellhousing mounts and Toyota 4 wheel drive spring shackle rubbers for the front mount.There are plenty of different rubber mounts to choose from.I have driven it down a dirt side lane here( about 500 metres) and the thing is just awesome.The only fault with the mounts I used is that they are too solid and I feel a lot of the harshness from the engine being transferred into the car.When the car is idling and I give the throttle a good boot-the whole body rocks sideways with the torque from motor.I have also used the Bus rear bar mounted solid to the body with the original rubber insulators between the motor and the bar.In hindsight,I should have used mounts from some 4 cylinder car.I have got the seats away at the moment getting done in black leather in the same style as my New Beetle.I have been far too busy with work to spend enough time to finally get it finished.Have got pissed off with the Webers trying to get a decent mixture reading at idle-so have pretty much decided to fuel inject it now.Have found some new locally made throttle bodies for a reasonable price.I have purchased a new 2 post car hoist for my shed-really clever-wait until the car is almost finished,then buy a hoist.I got sick off sliding around on my back under the car trying to refit everything.Will be useful for my next projects though.Also bought a new lathe to replace the one I had that came off Noah's Ark.[IMG][img=http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/487/lathe19pk.th.jpg][/IMG]Will post up some more pics soon when I have some more progress.

Last edited by nbturbo; September 7th 2006 at 00:37.