View Single Post
Old January 16th 2004, 13:36

I have a Ford 2.3T that im gonna put in my ghia that could get that much hp quite easily when my rebuild is done. Ill probably run low boost for around 200hp. Basically Wheel width is a big concern. Wide wheel to get you going and wide wheels to stop. Right now before you get into much suspension roll cage modification I would decide on a set of wheels and tires then design the rest of the cars systems around them. I would also check out the half shafts and make sure they are free of scratches and marks. If no marks I heard it was a good idea to wrap them with electrical tape 2 times to prevent scratches and nicks therefore improving fatigue life of the part a bunch. I would think about redoing the pan and adding in some supports. Remember try to triangulate everything too and never put a bar that might have load on it connect in the center of another bar. Always go to the corners if your making a joint. and try and make some of your roll cage joints end at your suspension mounts. Weld your frame horns and check on your tranny mounts and if you can stand it get solid mounts or at least urethane. Chack out this pic of the wrc focus roll cage. Pretty much every joint end at another joint resulting in full triangulation. http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic.m...um=11&num=1645