View Single Post
Old February 20th 2014, 15:40

Hi Graham, quick answer, in general, the more floor area, at the right rake angle and ride height, the better as regards good low drag aero dynamic performance, the big decision for a road car is how low you can run it, given that it's a lot of work to run a bug low enough for racing at the ideal 40mm, which is out of the question for a road car, my running boards tie into the pan to widen the flat floor area, but it's not practical for a road car as the jack points have to go in the bin, and the cost of making GRP stuff these days is a joke, don't ask,,,, I would just use something that looked neat with the wide wings, it's the 100mm road car ride height that offers no realistic gains from teasing out small aero detail, but modern cars do exploit lower ride height for Aero advantage, you only have to look at the world championship rally cars going ever lower,,,,,
The best way to lower any car, especially a Stone Age design like ours is smaller wheels and tyres, mine would be on 13" spun alloy wheels and lightweight hot rod tyres tomorrow if,,,,,, well, cash in short. But You have enough power anyway to relax a bit on drag factor, but my aim is to go as quick as possible as near stock as possible,,,,, there is tho a plan B if the opposition start going quicker than in the past.