View Single Post
Old January 27th 2013, 20:04

It seems like every winter I put the race bug into hibernation, and every year i forget how much fun she is to drive. I pulled the bug out and took her for a spin to cycle the fluids. I needed to put some fresh gas in her anyway so why not. I happened to run across a worked over e36 m3 and we had a bit of fun in the mountains. We chatted for a bit and he was surprised that a bug could be so quick. The autox season doesn't start until later february this year due to fallout from an event with a karting club last year, so I have plenty of time to give the bug a once over.

As a side note, I was going to put this up before and never did. It's a little trick for pulling rubber and gravel out of sticky rubber after a track day or autox. This works with slicks or sticky street tires. Find yourself a curry comb, used for dogs or horses, with rows jagged teeth like this one:

Be rough with it and drag it across the tire to pull the gravel and rubber out. It easier if you do this while the tire is still hot, but it'll still work if the tire has cooled off. Here's a pice that's half and half so you can see how well it works.