View Single Post
Old September 24th 2020, 12:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
sounds like a good plan. There are some other good ECUs like Haltech and Link that are a lot cheaper
Don't disagree but I like Motec and have a solid relationship with them which has more value than the purchase price difference.

The guys at Westech will do the tune on it once I have it built and Motec will supply a base tune so that side of it is pretty simple.

I will do the loom from scratch which make it easier as I don't have any limitations.

Running a CanBUS makes it very simply to get things working and diag any issues and with DBW and variable boost, traction control, adjustable flow rates all easily controlled by the M1 and PDM's etc the electronics side of it is the least of my concerns.

I have been reading about guys moving the engines forward and may look at that to keep the cam covers inside the body and have found the SubaruGears transmissions to remove a lot of clutch issues as there are so many good options straight off the shelf.

I am thinking dry sump to get some clearance

What size wheels did you end up running on the street ? Are you using V-Force Guards and Tail ? do they still sell them ?