View Single Post
Old April 16th 2012, 04:34

Actually,after I had posted that it got me thinking,I went back and measured my case.The spigots are still the standard size for 103 and 105mm cylinders.I had machined the heads larger.I did just machine the heads for the larger diameter Deutz cylinders and machined the bottom of the cylinders to fit the case. If you´re wanting an overfly engine based on the type 4 then talk to Russ Fellows (Bobtail ?).He has done the same thing.Ralf Noll from ADV Performance (here in Germany) builds and sells complete overfly engines.His engine however is his own developement with his own case,cams and internals.A really fantastic engine,though! A type 4 based overfly would probably be cheaper.However,then you are starting from scratch again and won´t be able to use your current cylinders either.To be honest with you,I wouldn´t go through all the trouble and you have had enough of it so far,right? I would get JE pistons and cyinders and a set of Pauter Pro heads and be done with it.You will be able to run 500-600hp - who needs more? Pauter is just around the corner from you and you won´t have any shipping hassles etc. with JE either.If it gets too hot on the street run water/methanol injection additionally.Seriously - as much as I like the overfly engine and what Russ Fellows did - at this point I think you would be loading up a whole lot of work and stress and another year or 2 of waiting and hassle.Just my 2 cents and I mean that with respect for you.

Nice pics by the way! Slap them on and just get JE pistons and cylinders and be ready to go!