View Single Post
Old March 31st 2006, 00:25

I agree with Panel... Miss a few days and WOW what happens around here!

My short take is that the club is a great bunch of people and it is a pleasure to be associated with them and the gruppe. One of the best memories from last year was just sitting down to dinner at Bug Jam at Outback with all the VKG guys. And I look forward to more similar experiences in the future.

This may sound silly but I think if more people (myself included) just posted to this forum on what is going on it would make a big difference in cohesiveness. You learn about people by what they choose to share. So I think more sharing will lead to a more open and spirited gruppe. Historically most all VKG members shared ongoing life events and/or project updates as they happened which was awesome. I know people (and myself) are working on thier ridez, but just being too lazy to open up about it.

I will put more effort in being an active poster and overall just let me know what is needed to help out on the higher levels.

Sometimes a good kick in the butt is needed to reinvigirate the soul. Especially with Spring kicking in more VWs will see sunshine again

Frankly we do not fit the mold of "normal" Dubers. Not many people modify cars like we do and it makes it hard to relate to more standard "Looks" in the VW scene. GL is still a minority interest with many variations/interpretations and is a movement still on the rise, so lets ride the wave strong for the future.

FWIW I am running some Raby breathed on items and they are awesome. We should be thankful that we are associated with a top notch organization like RAT and build a mutually beneficial relationship so each party sees it as a value.

Congrats Dave!

GLF,
'96 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.5L Diesel
'99 GMC Suburban 6.5L Diesel
VolkSport Kafer Gruppe