View Single Post
Old June 20th 2008, 17:30

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I agree 100% about the handling, no doubt. The S10 will handle poorly in turns and will be fast going straight. That suits me though, or where I live cause we don't have turns and canyons. We have flat plains and long stretches of freeway / hwys / streets. Everyone pretty much races straight 1/4 mile runs whether on street or track. The only kinda turns we see are those at the circle dirt track.

The body was in OK shape. There's rust issues in the quarter panels in the vent area. and the body has had some wreck repair fixed with body filler (previous / original owner). The car had been sitting up since 01 and was on it's way to becoming scrap. There's been a few times when I wish I would've keep it original, upgraded brakes, the engine and put some nice wheels on it, but when I look at what's taking place it put a smile on my face. (I'm poet and didn't know it).

It will be reliable cause it'll be mostly stock, and all GM parts. Minus the body of coarse.

For my next bug project I'll go with a 1303 (73) and do upgrades instead of a conversion. This site will be a big inspiration and is!