Thread: 412s
View Single Post
Old March 7th 2010, 12:46

Thanks for the complements! It's been 5+ years in the making. The suspension and engine swaps were done over weekends to keep the daily driver running, so a lot of prep was required. It's a challenging project because parts are scarce, customization is required, and there are very few examples to learn from.

Plans for the 412, but in no hurry:
* road-trips
* exhaust
* 3rd brake light, carpet, window tinting
* transmission rebuild
* de-chrome/black-out/paint

Humble - these do take work to make look right. Most have shot suspensions and are "nose-up" which doesn't help the "long-nose" profile of the car. The picture shows my car with empty tank just after the conversion. It is normally raked forward a bit more, but one thing I would like to do is lower the front further to eliminate the "air gap" visable above the front tires.

Dave - that's funny I was just thinking about THAT place and THAT burger last week. Had a great burger last nite also! Woodinville has great roads for driving - valley's, hills, twisty country roads - and is 20 miles from Seattle. It's good living here. I'm glad to be back at work after 6 months unemployment (other than GoTronix). It was a beautiful summer and I had time to catch up on projects and enjoy the kids. My company is building a facility in Atlanta, so I'll try to get out and see you guys again

Walter - your 412 is what got me interested in these cars. Be careful viewing this thread too often or you'll be buying another

Danny - will do. Here's a similar project I just finished for a 914, but with plans to add the datalogger later:

4-screen programmable Race Technology DASH2 directly displaying CHT via AEM 4-ch thermocouple amp and Oil Pressure via digital pressure transducer and indirectly displaying AFR, MAP, and RPM via link with the SDS EFI System or datalogger.

SDS EFI System for D-Jet replacement:

"SDS Inside" D-Jet ECU box for clean, sealed installation. PLX WBO2 meter for AFR readings to SDS and DASH2.

Link to DASH2 is short cable connected to D-Jet ECU box.