View Single Post
Old July 26th 2002, 10:42
VW consumer products reseller and researcher

Wink That's too much! :-)

The difference of a track and Autocross suspension is very big, do you want something for both, or do you do something more often?

Käfercup cars drove with adjustable struds front & rear, besides the front struds were quite a piece of hard workmanship to get them on a ball joint suspension, as the original bumper setup is much too weak!
A 6-point roll-bar, combined with axle bracings, front stiffening of the axle, as fork end bracings (cup bars) are also common, my question is, how much you want and how far you want to go. When the forum admin allows the picture posting, I can give you several pictures with detailed bracings, chassis stiffening and other neat stuff to do!
Brakes is a wide area, as you can build up either a standard 2-piston caliper, up to 6-piston GT3 calipers, btw, common and on a financially normal basis would be 944 turbo setup, maybe with aluminum IRS mounts. That would be a thing for the brake forum, but we can work hand-in-hand. Same is for the wheel & tire combination, but there is a big difference for track use and autocross use, besides a good rim for both is a forged 16" Fuchs.

Do you have somebody in your near, who makes professional race-roll-bar setups, maybe for NASCAR or other full-car race series? Ask him to do a one-off roll-bar setup including axle stiffening with your ideas (taken from race cars all over the world) . That would be the best way to get a good 6-point with all the stuff you want.

Not more by now, I have to work a bit! :silly: