View Single Post
Old March 5th 2012, 04:46

Good effort, I can imagine its a real pain to do this is in a beetle along with the frame horns. There is a discusion on the Pelican parts forum detailing a couple of other solutions for mounting the Saco slave cylinder onto a 915 but there into a Porsche. Thats basically where I got my idea from all be it mines a much beefier adaptation that I saw on the forum.

Did you get the whole SACO kit? I couldn't fit the SACO master cylinder into my gearbox tunnel along with my coolant lines so am having a real pain creating a solution to my excessive pedal effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub_crazee View Post
im not sure i understand how the omega spring works yet either
I am probably wrong, but I would say judging by the pictures I would say that the omega spring has not been loaded under tention. I'm saying this as it appears as though the arm should be positioned further round back towards the engine. You'll know if its in the right place it requires ALOT of effort when lieing on your back to push it home into the correct position. However the pictures are not great at displaying the omega spring so I may be wrong.

Also I see you've got the Porsche clevis pin, I had a nylon bush made to fit the hole/area the cable would of attached too, in an attempt to adjust my biting point I drilled a small hole further down the arm. seems to work ok now.