View Single Post
Old April 30th 2004, 21:37

Location: Calgary , AB , Canada - Home of the Western Conference Champion Calgary Flames!!!
Hey , All!!

First things first - njv (I hope I got it right) - I think you nailed it with your post . I especially agree with the safety aspect that you mentioned . I have recently just purchased a very good Dodge Grand Caravan ( yeah , I know its not a Dub , but I got a family to haul around, plus I got a smoki' deal on it!) and one the first changes I made was to remove the wimpy stock 55/80 watt headlamps and replace them with some off-road 80/100 watt ones . Next job is to redo the brakes as this van has sat for 6 months . The brakes work ok , but I will make sure they are in top notch condition . As a licensed GM Goodwrench mechanic , I am able to safely accomplish any of the work that needs to be done . Some of our Provinces here in Canada do not allow you to work on any safety-related items , such as brakes , unless you are qualified to do so (another very good idea - not only does it discourage total amateurs from messing up while working on their vehicle , but it makes them bring it to me , giving me more work ) . And I figure that there is enough to worry about with the way people drive without having to worry about if they are going to be able to stop in time!

Second - I am very intrigued and interested in seeing what new developments in the areas of the T1 are coming along , as when I eventually do get to build another Bug (time , money and my wife are preventing me from doing so presently ) , I will have already seen what is out there and maybe will incorporate some of the ideas into my own car . Of course , most people want to have that car that is totally unlike anything else out there , but that doesn't mean that you can't use something that has already been used on some of it .

Anyways , I guess through all of my rambling on , what I am trying to say is have fun with you Dub , but just be safe about it . I just may be the person that your unsafe vehicle hits!!! Axl .