View Single Post
Old January 7th 2010, 03:29

Hi all,

Sorry, stuffed up the pictures and the reply hence the gallery is visible, thought i deleted it.

Yes you are right, this engine did have a 324 Schleicher cam but when the transmission died at 240 Km/h it had different engine components fitted.
I cannot remember which Web cam it was but the duration was lower since the Schleicher allowed too much of the good stuff out of the exhaust. We drove the first engine one night down a built up road and every time I shifted, flames of up to 2 metres came out of the exhaust and illuminated the houses
The first engine was driven one Summer and then taken apart, bigger valves in new heads (50x40), compresion lowered to 7.5 and web cam installed. It was a lot more user friendly and since the boost was adjustable up to 1.5 Bar, the HP was even higher (obviously) however, it was never dynoed with the new engine. Lots of stories to tell on that one
Top speed was quite a bit higher than 240 but when trying to attempt it, you almost needed 2 lanes on the Autobahn.

@ Sandeep, made both fan setups myself, the first one with the Turbo used to be my old 2.0L for which I built the horizontal fan for. My Dad made the moulds from a cut off Kerscher shroud originally and the front plate was a 5mm thick steel plate galvanised. The pulleys came from a Peugeot 304 which had the alternator fitted to the side of the engine.
When my mates car got featured in an WOB magazine, I got a mention but on the Fan setup they said it is a Riechert which pissed me off a little.
The one you see 2. and 3. in the gallery is my latest one using a 10 mm marine grade Aluminium plate, pulleys are custom made using double roller bearings and shroud is aluminium which is now TIG welded together.
Easy to do, only very time consuming, it takes a lot longer for the aluminium shrouds due to having to cut out all panels and shape them.
http://azickert.myphotoalbum.com/vie...03&id=dscf8860
In order to avoid confusion I put my name on it in a similar configuration as the original manufacturer did ;-)
Cheers

Last edited by Typ Vier; January 7th 2010 at 03:34.