Thread: June Meet
View Single Post
Old May 30th 2007, 01:29

Thanks Alex, i'll let you know,

Spent some more time on it today before going to work. Thinking it might have been the stock SVDA dizzy, i borrowed a 009 with Pertronix and coil from Greg and swapped it in. Fired it up, no difference.

Went to the local Staples and bought the compressed air in a can for blowing out keyboards and stuff. This air in a can is expensive , didn't want to blow out the jets with the air compressor as i don't regularly drain it.

Pulled the mains and emulsion tubes and blew them out. To pull the idle jets the stacks and linkage plates need to come off. So while pulling them i dropped a washer down the carb! There it sat on the butterfly, no problem. Grab the magnet and nothing. Damn...stainless washer So with a small screwdriver, coat hanger, and some profanity i got it out. Blew out the idles, and reinstalled. Ran out of time, had to leave for work, so fired it up and it sounded different and a little better revving. I hope after the blowing of the other idles in the morning, it should be good. *fingerscrossed*

After almost 6weeks, and 4 engine pulls, i'm thinking: so much for tossing in the stocker, driving it, to work on the split.

Need to make mention of Greg over at tunedperfection.com for helping me out over the past while. He's provided me with exceptional service and parts. Always going out of his way to do whatever he can. From overnighting parts, to the latenight pickups. Always, just one more part away, from driving it. Can't say enough about him.

Pete

Last edited by petevw; May 30th 2007 at 04:13.