View Single Post
Old March 24th 2024, 16:41

Well, really, dual purpose, so some compromises must be made. Realistically, probably 65/35 street/autocross. I'd love to have the autocross percentage to be higher, but I never end up running as many events as I plan in any given season. That's why I'm even considering keeping 23.5s. They were so good in all other regards. At this point, though, I've already installed my 26s and set the ride height.

What I'm really asking, I suppose, is whether it's even an idea worth considering (that is, keeping the 23.5s but with better shocks). Unless the 26s seem brutal, I will run them as is. If it were only me, I wouldn't even balk at the idea of the 26s, but my wife has established, over the years, she REALLY doesn't like riding in or driving my cars when they have an autocross leaning suspension set up. As I approach retirement (it's a ways off....I'm about to turn 55), I want to have a fun car we can travel around in.

There IS a possibility I'll purchase a second Super for use as a dedicated autocross/track day car. If that happens, no question, I'll use 23.5s in my current '74. That would be down to road a ways, however.

H2OSB