Thread: G50
View Single Post
Old April 21st 2006, 01:47

ill be doing the ever popular ej20t or tt, im shooting for anywhere between 3-400 hp so im sure i want togo g50 i just wasent sure if they all had tail shifters, after alot of reading today im pretty sure they are all tail shifters

ive seen a 6 speed that came from an 86. i believe from 86-88 (g50/01) had magnesium cases and the later ones have aluinimum cases (G50/02) not 100% sure though...

from the looks of things i think i will actually look for a later trans, i dont think the difference in bell lenghts is going to make a huge difference with all the cutting required to fit a g50 in, and really wont matter if i use a 6 speed because im sure its alot longer and im guessing that its only harder to install a later trans because it requires more clearencing. i dont plan on keeping the stock horns anyway, it will all be tubed, so it shouldnt really matter

there isnt alot of info out there on a g50 swaps, the Aussieveedubbers site seems to have the most info ive found and even thats got a limited amount of info, ill keep looking but my eyes are all from looking at the monitor to much lol

im really in no rush, im looking for the right deals on things, i dont even have a car yet, but i am definitely doing a notch, if i could just force people to answer their e-mails lol, you would think that they would be motivated to sell their cars the money is starting to burn in my pocket haha

thanx for the reply and thanks to bug@5speed for the stuff you sent me, very cool and informative

Mike

Last edited by Ribz; April 21st 2006 at 01:57.