View Single Post
Old December 22nd 2002, 20:27

CB's Roto Hub Rear disk setup is nice. If you want to use 17"x9"
wheels, you will need to drill out the threaded lug holes and install longer studs. On our '71 SB we are using 7/8" spacers I made from a set of VW-to-Chevy adapters, and 2 5/8 studs with a .566 knurlized section. I used a 9/16 drill bit for the holes.
The Roto Hubs are thick enuff to support the lug studs properly, and center the wheels accurately.

I struck out with the CB front disks. All they are is stock SB front disk brakes, drilled to a 5x130mm pattern. In my view, they aren't suited for the big 17"x7.5" wheels. At least a 11/16" spacer will be needed to keep the wheels from rubbing the springs, unless you use Maxx Struts, then a smaller spacer can be used, but the front track may be too narrow, and look kinda funny. Nonetheless, the screwed in wheel studs aren't long enuff for spacers, and the rotors are too gimpy, and not designed to use pressed in studs.

After all the headaches of trying to get them to work on Hummbug, we decided to cut our losses, get a set of 1303 control arms, and some 944 struts with brakes and hubs and associated things, and go that route.

Now I have to contact Kerscher, and wait 5 weeks for ball joints.