View Single Post
Old August 19th 2002, 11:37
VW consumer products reseller and researcher

Exclamation All is possible.....

We have so-called "Cal-Lookers" (lol, more dechromed showcars) with Alfa Romeo boxer engines, we have conversions with the Waterboxer from the Subaru Impreza Turbo as "German Look", I think, most Germans don't use a special style-sheet, they just build their car and coincidentally it looks like a Cal- or Euro-Looker...

Build a Type 1 German Looker, there are enough here, but then use more German tech, like light valvetrain parts with a German cam and a Porsche fan system, maybe a German exhaust system like the BAS or Custom & Speed Parts system (err, bigger than the CSP system, or a similar system with a merged header), central air filter, carbon parts, all is available, all is possible!

@Alex... As I'm just 29, I'm not that long in the VW business. Officially I started in 1990 with my first training, later in 1995 I started a new heavier training to get self-employed in Germany, but I'm still with my father! Did I say 1990???? I devided my first VW engine into all bits and pieces around 1985 !!! I'm reading the HotVW's since I had English in the school, around 1984.... (okok, I looked at the pictures ) I've seen the Glassfiber "German-Lookers of the fist days in our shop from the very beginning. I melted together with the VW technique and style in 1989 and my first car should be a Cal-Looker, but it was only a late 80's style green-coloured monster with a 1,5l 44BHP engine, I've looked too much into the HotVW's at that time! Enough??