Thread: Speedwell Oval
View Single Post
Old January 19th 2011, 02:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
nice to have you. was that the feature from Hot VW's couple issues ago?btw how do you like the front suspension? im building a 62 rag for my little girl to drive when she gets old enough. im really wanting some first hand info on those a-arms.
Thanks......yes, it is the car that was featured in the November issue of Hot VW's and also got a very generous spread in the December issue of Ultra VW's.

I will have to admit that the man/builder behind this project is Kevin Zagar at Mendeola Signature Motors. Although, I grew up with VW's and my knowledge and talents are slowly increasing I certainly am not the expert nor will I ever pretend to be. I am a student in the "VW forum of life" and Kevin has been very patient with me through this 2 year build. I would direct all to the two articles in the mags for the background on me, Kevin and Mendeola.

The car is in final tune stage as we speak (both motor and suspension). The plan is to be done by Feb and then get the car out to El Toro to lay down some real numbers that we can share with all (youtube included). Kevin is very optimistic and if it does what he suspects it will........YOWZER

I promise I will do my best to answer any questions that come up. Won't be able to get to this thread on a daily basis but eventually will.

Check out www.mendeolamotors.com for information on the S2 Performance Chassis. They actually sell them separately: front, back or the entire S2 chassis which I opted for (along with the MD-5 Tranny). With 2 maps on the 2332 Turbo EFI at 250 - 300 hp I shouldn't have to worry about blowing up the tranny

Man, nice Daddy building the 62 for your daughter.....gunna be a lucky girl indeed.

Tim