View Single Post
Old February 11th 2014, 12:39

Hi Graham, I would look at Ricolas layout, he made up new horns to suit a G 50, but to answer your question, unless it's a race only car, and running at circuit type ride height, ie, 40mm, raising the t/tube isn't strictly required, what it does is allows the car to run lower with good trailing arm angles for effective launching/traction, on the other hand, a powerful motor needs as straight a driveshaft alignment as you can get, so a gearbox raise is required in any case, removing the horns completely requires either a very strong mid mounted yoke set up, noisey for a road car, or a Porsche type rear engine support bar with lots of body/apron strengthening to hold the weight of motor, trans, and control the dynamics of driving forces on the supports, my racer uses a mid mount yoke, as I originally planned to loose The horns, I even tested with the end bolts removed with no problems, but they got a reprieve for packaging and mounting other stuff off them reasons, race only cars are easy, less compromises than a road car has, more for you to consider.