GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old May 19th 2005, 23:47

Got my 944T brakes....now what do I do for the back?

Won the auction, they'll be in the mail shortly:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7974477272

$20 for a set of rotors coming from him as well. See, I am piecing it all together Question is, for those of you who use the stock rear drums, or the "stock" rear disc conversions, how does the stock master cylinder react to the Brembos? I've read some articles on the regular 944 brakes all around making the pedal feel spongy. But I couldn't find anything on the 944T conversions. Ya know, makes sense to use the matching MC for the brakes...

Which brings me to this question. If you swap to a 944T MC, how will it affect your braking on the rear end, being that it's pushing more fluid to the stock beetle rear drums(or converted discs) with less pedal effort. Additionally, braking ratio of the front to rear. Is it something I should be concerned with?

Particularly worried as I dunno of a kit that makes the 944T rear calipers work on the rear of a super, all of them are for the front end....or does that vdubcustoms kit ALSO work on the rear?

So many questions...arrrgh!

Last edited by oicdn; May 19th 2005 at 23:50.
Old May 20th 2005, 02:27
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
Won the auction, they'll be in the mail shortly:
Particularly worried as I dunno of a kit that makes the 944T rear calipers work on the rear of a super
There are no kits because it all just bolts up, take off your drums and put the 944 brakes on. You can even use the Super trailing arm or the 944 one (if you use the 944 spring plate as well).
Old May 20th 2005, 02:29
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
how does the stock master cylinder react to the Brembos?
Kerscher and MBT, in Germany, sell a special valved m/c for this application.
Old May 20th 2005, 13:41

Whoops, I meant to say, how do the stock drums react to a 944 cylinder? With less pedal effort, won't the rear drums(or discs) lock up WAAAAYYYY easier? I guess a proportioning valve should take care of it, but is it necessary?
Old May 20th 2005, 15:20
Superman

I have no experience nor feedback of that set up, no one has done it before and although possible I wouldn't suggest doing it; save the front discs until you get the rear and are able to do them all at once.
Old May 20th 2005, 15:35

That's what I was thinking of doing. I was also looking at the possibility of going turbo up front and NA in the rear...cheaper than Turbo all around, and well, it seems like the eBrake thing sounds a little easier, but I guess at that point, it's all about the same
Old May 24th 2005, 17:11

keep it easy. go with NA all the way around. it is more than enough unless you are racing.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design