GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old October 13th 2003, 22:49

If your front suspension is stiff and doesn't nose dive, then your front end is not taking on weight transfer. This means your front end stays light and should lock up easier than with a loose suspension. Your on the right track but I think you have it reversed. Air in the lines will result in a spongy feeling pedal. Iwould guess if anything braided lins in the front would help the fronts lock up. I think it was mentioned already, but make sure the front and rear is not reversed. In a rear engine car the front should lock up easy.

Ron
Old October 14th 2003, 16:02

I went for 6 months with Brembo's and stock flexi hoses, before trying Goodridge SS. I did the fronts one weekend, used the car for a week then I did the rears. No difference! I was surprised! But then again my Bug is no 951. If I hit the middle pedal, I hit the seat belt. My Maglite slides from the side of my seat frame/door and hits the innerwing and my anklebone. My ashtray closes...

Erik,

What spec. brake fluid are you trying? DOT5/silicone fluid can be a mare to bleed, I've heard. If your problem is not a bubble in the front pipes or m/c, it may just be the last thing you try!

A swelling flexihose is a good mechanical analogy of a capacitor. It can literally store energy, in the form of potential.

Maybe you have excessive residual pressure in the rear system, due to a weak brakehose? I saw something similar once on a stock T3.

Matt
Old October 14th 2003, 18:40

I am using DOT3 fluid. There may be one other thing. On the master cylinder I attached the front circuit to the forward most connection on the master and rear circuit to the furthest back connection. If I had these reversed that could be my problem. If I have connected these backwards please let me know.

Thank You

Erik
Old October 15th 2003, 09:38

Sounds like you have it hooked up bacwards. Read supermans post on this thread. His waws the 11th reply.

Ron