GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old September 6th 2012, 21:23

When you get more than you paid for...

This is a long story. I had been more the 20 years on the VW scene here in Puerto Rico. I had made bussines with a lot of VW and automotive mail order companies. On the last couple of years I had been working on new projects. My main project is a 1970 Karmann Ghia that I want to build as a semi daily driver. I chose to went with Mendeola suspension system. After some emails with Kevin Zagar from Mendeola he send me a complete front and rear suspension kit. I am very happy with the quality. At the same time I had paid a company called Motormeister to build me a 915 transmision. Unfortunatelly after these people took my money they failed to deliver it for more than a year. They do not answered the phone or replied my emails. I googled them and found multiple horrible stories about their service. I felt stranded as I am in Puerto Rico and they in California. I though I had lost my money. About two months ago Kevin Zagar send me a email follow up on my build, so I told him my problem. Kevin offered me his help. He called the Motormeister people and asked about the transmision. They were full of excuses and gave him a build date. Obviouslly they failed to deliver again. So Kevin gave them one more week to build it. After the week he drove 3 hours from his shop to theirs. After some hassles they finally gave him the transmision. He then drove back to his shop 3 more hours. He spend all his day only to get my transmission. Kevin didn't charged me a cent for all this. Today I have my 915 transmision at my house. In the 20 years that I had been working with VWs this is the nicest help I had get from a company by far.

Last edited by onixbonilla; September 7th 2012 at 22:47.
Old September 7th 2012, 05:58

Good on you Kevin.
Old September 7th 2012, 19:55

good news at last, what a top bloke Kevin is
Old September 7th 2012, 21:24

That is just awesome! I hope he can keep delivering the same kind of quality and service in the future.

Jasoj
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S
Old September 8th 2012, 12:57

I bought the mendeola "stiffy" kafer brace, and they had problems with their clevis end supplier which held up my order. I wanted to get it on the race bug before the next track event so they offered mis-matched clevis ends, silver and gold, just to get it out the door. When I got the box they had stuffed it with a bunch of mendeola swag too. Everyone I talked to on the phone was great and super nice. Mendeola is a stand up company.
Old September 9th 2012, 01:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble View Post
I bought the mendeola "stiffy" kafer brace, and they had problems with their clevis end supplier which held up my order. I wanted to get it on the race bug before the next track event so they offered mis-matched clevis ends, silver and gold, just to get it out the door. When I got the box they had stuffed it with a bunch of mendeola swag too. Everyone I talked to on the phone was great and super nice. Mendeola is a stand up company.
They were late on my order but it arrived stuffed with Mendeola merchandise!
Old September 9th 2012, 13:48

Great to hear a story like this once in a while too! Props to Kevin.
Old September 15th 2012, 01:20

Good for you! Great story! That is true enthusiasm from Kevin to help you out like that! Deeds like that are are really big in my book! The vw scene needs more people like that!
Old October 6th 2012, 22:28

Hey, thanks guys. I am very humbeld by this type of response. I just did what we all should do if given a chance.. If more of us tried to make the world a better place it just might get better..... thanks again.
Old October 8th 2012, 19:03

Kevin is currently building my dream car and I'm happy to see that my project has been placed in such caring hands!! The man is an artist!!
Old January 28th 2013, 23:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Good for you! Great story! That is true enthusiasm from Kevin to help you out like that! Deeds like that are are really big in my book! The vw scene needs more people like that!
The world needs more people like that.....