GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old September 14th 2005, 14:28

Kersher Tuningand Porsche Master Cylinder parts question

I was looking their site and saw a porsche applications Master Cylinder. Not much technical info but was wondering if anyone was using thier Brake assemblies master brake cylinder tandem master brake cylinder EUR 146.00

Also if anyone knew if I needed the following:
-Ringstutzen with hollow screw and seals depending upon brake execution necessarily for Ker master brake cylinders EUR 19.43
-T-fitting with brake hose depending upon brake execution necessarily for Ker master brake cylinders EUR 14.83 WHERE DO YOU DO THE T FITTING, assuming it is for the brake light..

Debating on spending on these items if it will make the whole bias thing easier.. on my single pot conversion..

Lastly, I am a little confused.. I have an early 944 M/C that I was planning on installing.. From reading it seems that I will need extra parts for the resevoir.. Can some one point me in the right direction on how to do the swap.. also where do you do the T for the brake light sensor.. do you use a VW/Porsche or generic sensor..

I got my topline parts that were recently broken so I should be finishing the fronts and tackling the alum rears soon..

Thanks, lost and confused..
Alex
Old September 14th 2005, 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAF

Lastly, I am a little confused.. I have an early 944 M/C that I was planning on installing.. From reading it seems that I will need extra parts for the resevoir.. Can some one point me in the right direction on how to do the swap.. also where do you do the T for the brake light sensor.. do you use a VW/Porsche or generic sensor..

I got my topline parts that were recently broken so I should be finishing the fronts and tackling the alum rears soon..

Thanks, lost and confused..
Alex
This is about all I can help with. I can answer this. The extra parts for the resivior, it looks to be the same as a beetle resivior, as in it has the rubber grommets at the top or some opening? Just run blue brake line to/from the M/C and the resivior in the trunk. All you need are those little plastic pieces.

Here's the 944 m/c in question, I believe.

For the brake sensor, get a good Hella or Bosch German unit. I believe it to be the exact same sensor as used on normal beetles. Just the two-prong brass unit. Might require a bit more of wiring, I'm not sure, but I think the late beetles used this type of switch.

Best of luck. Cheers. -Ian