GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old September 30th 2010, 17:34

Quasi Updates

Thought I would share a few post-build updates I am doing. Some slight adjustments to improve current things. Some all-out new ideas.

First up, STi seats replace the Momo's for better comfort on the way to distance car shows (since they all seem to be distant despite living in the largest city in the South). Wrenchnride gets credit for some bada$$ fab work on the seat rails to narrow them enough.

Also, No_H2O helped out by cutting up the engine compartment for some carb access panels. I still have some finishing work to do, but man is it going to be nice having that access to mixture screws, manifold bolts, plugs, etc.

Lastly, the apron. My BAS sat so close to the apron that it burnt right through commercial airplane heat shielding. It also made getting the engine in and out with the header still on a real pain. The answer? Cut it out of the way. I just didn't want to go the route of a removal apron or whole rear. This solves the problem and when the SS grill being fabbed for the coverup is in place, should look quite unique (interpret that by your liking when you see it...i am OK with love it / hate it).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-09-19 18.04.jpg (55.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-09-18 16.26.jpg (70.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-09-19 18.05.jpg (63.0 KB, 74 views)

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design

Last edited by zen; September 30th 2010 at 17:44.
Old September 30th 2010, 20:05

Sweet Zen, what about a late FI super beetle rear apron? Those STi seats look perfect in your car, me likes!
Old October 1st 2010, 13:09

I had looked around at FI aprons some time ago. It just came down to this being easy and unique. It will look sweet when the grille gets in place.

I LOVE STi seats. By far the most comfortable seats I've owned in any car including several Porsches (my second favorite but most don't have shoulder harness holes). The lumber support is just killer and bolsters are just big enough, but not too big. My seats needed to be elevated some from where my Momo seats were and the rails on these forced them a little higher than I'd hoped given the chop, but they still sit nicely and much lower than stock.

Old October 1st 2010, 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen View Post
Thought I would share a few post-build updates I am doing. Some slight adjustments to improve current things. Some all-out new ideas.

First up, STi seats replace the Momo's for better comfort on the way to distance car shows (since they all seem to be distant despite living in the largest city in the South). Wrenchnride gets credit for some bada$$ fab work on the seat rails to narrow them enough.

Also, No_H2O helped out by cutting up the engine compartment for some carb access panels. I still have some finishing work to do, but man is it going to be nice having that access to mixture screws, manifold bolts, plugs, etc.
Hey Zen, you forgot to mention my personal micro manager Nigel (Yellow73) He helped too!

1962 SC 1776cc SP 944NA brakes, 993 wheels

VKG
Old October 4th 2010, 19:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchnride247 View Post
Hey Zen, you forgot to mention my personal micro manager Nigel (Yellow73) He helped too!
How could I forget Caretaker? I even got to see him twice in one week.

I got some nicely matched touchup paint and covered all of the newly exposed metal as well as some rub marks in other areas like doorjambs. Finished off updates to the engine compartment. New battery and headlight switch are in. New front tranny mount is in. Tranny is at Jake's to be picked up tomorrow. C/f decklid is pretty much ready to go. Just gotta stuff it all in now.

Old October 4th 2010, 21:11

Cool deal! I will be down on Saturday with some goodies!

1962 SC 1776cc SP 944NA brakes, 993 wheels

VKG
Old October 10th 2010, 22:02

Everything stuffed in and pretty much ready to go. Just need to adjust the clutch and one our two small other things. Will shake it back down during the week. Pics to come.