GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > VolkSport Käfer Gruppe

Old July 25th 2004, 18:55
Administrator

Excellence at the Massive Shop

Excellence magazine will visit the Massive Shop in Cleveland GA. on wed. to do a story on Jake and some of his leading edge work :agree: . You would think one of the US VW mags might do the same but one of them is busy selling male enhancement pills and the other is busy selling the same old thing At least one of the mags from the UK will be publishing the cooling system testing data he collected.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old July 25th 2004, 20:26

I like that magazine, good for Jake. If the US mags want to be around for another 5 years they had better get with the times. The German Look has grown a lot in the last 5 years and will continue to grow. If the mags don't keep up something else will come along and get the lockdown on the GL scene and then the other two mags will be playing catch up, if they are still around. I'm starting to see it out here with the upcoming rat rod scene, it's becoming obvious that people are starting to go to opposite ends of the spectum to be different. I better start I'm rambling.

Nick
Old July 26th 2004, 19:30

VWT has done articles in the past WITH Jake Raby, but not ABOUT Jake Raby. I remember the "Fourthcomings" series by Kathy Jacobs. Great articles about dissmantling, hunting problems, and properly reassembling a Type IV.

That mag's too caught up in what's happening on the west coast to care about RAT, and what Jake's done. Plus, their editor isn't the most technicly minded individual (he wrote an article on how to hotwire a Volkswagen, like we need to know that ). Ryan Price doesn't think his readers care about 225hp Type IV's. They'd rather spotlight cars, shows, and whatever the new trend is OUT IN CALIFORNIA!!!, not advancements in aircooled engine tuning. Obviously, he's not in tune to all of his readers intrests.

Sad to see,..their loss, though.

Excellence caters to a higher crowd, which would mean good exposure to Jake. A good write-up would mean good business. Hell, after the issue hits the stands, he may have orders for as many 911 engines as he does Type IV's.
'83 928S 4.7
Old July 26th 2004, 22:24

With all that positive exposure to new customers Jake will be pretty busy...

Maybe I should place my order for my engine a little sooner than I was planning.
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe