GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 23rd 2021, 13:37

Cool Another 1302 build......but in Floriduh

I've been lurking on here on off for quite a few years and this is my first post.

So the build is a 72' 1302, I've owned the car for about 6 years now and purchased it as a "basket case" no motor/no trans and not many other parts for $500. Overall it was fairly rust free and many metal bits had been replaced. I always had a vision for the overall car and the direction I wanted to take.
Fast forward to 2020 the COVID thing forced me to start actively working on the beetle. Prior to 2020 I did a few things here and there to get the car running and restored but nothing significant to warrant a build thread.

As of right now the car is on 4 wheels and the build moves on currently at a fairly moderate pace, I am going to post my one year progress up til now and continue on until its "complete" When is any build really complete? During the year with the help of my best friend we have restored the pan's, widened fenders front and rear, shaving many exterior metal bits, built coilovers,Rims, ragtop and procured an engine, trans and many other items and Mods.

I will do my best to document the past year up to now in the order that things happened. Thanks for checking my build out and sit back and wait for the updates to come.

The Photos below is the day we brought "Dumps" home. My daughter named it that day.

and the most current photo....