GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old April 14th 2004, 04:29

need porsche wheel adapters

hi, i have a 1998 new beetle....i have wheels off of a 96-98 porsche....i am trying to put them on my beetle.....the porsche wheels did come off a 98 beetle......so i am looking for some adapters.... any help?

John
Old April 14th 2004, 17:45

vw and porsche use different bolt spacing. i believe the new beetles are 5x100 and porsche is 5x130. if they are really porsche wheels (i am a little confused by your post) then they are 5x130 and you will either need to convert your hubs or go with pattern adapters. the latter will add to your track width and depending on the offset differences between the rims, may cause your rims to stick out of the wells.

this is really an air-cooled site, but many of us have a great deal of experience in wheel fitment. so hopefully we can help. if you can find out the wheel width and offset from each of the rims and verify bolt spacing, we can probably tell you fitment info. there are many places you can get spacers, but pattern adapters from 5x100 to 5x130 will probably be a bit more of a challenge. i bought some from some guys that can do one-offs, but will have to trackdown their name.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old April 14th 2004, 19:31

check out www.vwvortex.com for all the water cooled info you can shake a stick at. Also, hit www.newbeetle.org for good measure.

If you have genuine porsche wheels, then you're going to need 5x100 to 5x130 (porsche) adapters. H&R makes adapters, as well as many, many other places. When you go to the vortex, make sure to search the topic before posting a question, because the natives over there get a little angry if you don't search before you do anything...

This wheels swap has been done before many, many times. The info you get should be correct, so this process should be pretty trouble free.

Slightly subject, I'm planning to get Mille Miglia Turbo Twists replicas in 5x100 for my New Beetle. They look great.

'08 GTI DSG :: 1980 911 SC Track Car
1972 1302 German Looker - dearly missed

///BrooklynAutoRennen
Old April 14th 2004, 23:35

adapters

ok...the wheels are genuine porsche wheels....i do need some sort of adapters....i think the ones i need are spacers???...i am not really good about wheel spacing...but i know the wheels will stick out of the wells....but to answere your question...the wheels are genuine....
Old April 15th 2004, 06:57

Well, the adapters will also space the wheels out to the proper offset. 2 birds with one stone. I think it will end up being a 20 or 25mm spacer/adapter and then you'll be set. Again, do a little research and you'll be OK.

///BrooklynAutoRennen
Old April 15th 2004, 13:17

porsche wheels

any idea on where i can get them?....thanks for all your information
Old April 15th 2004, 17:58

Not trying to sound like a PITA, but search it over on the vortex. There are a bunch of places that sell wheel adapters for H2O cars, and I don't personally know which you should buy from or what brand. Find out what other people have to say about this over there.

Again, I'm not trying to be a PITA. Just trying to steer you toward people who know more than I.

:agree:

///BrooklynAutoRennen