GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 3rd 2006, 23:29

Hope everyone had a good turkey day, we had quite the to do with 25 people people here. I deep fried a 20lb turkey since nobody here had done that before and we cooked a 15lb turkey the slow way as well. Had some fun lowering the turkey into the frier with the engine hoist and overall everything went well.

Today was the first time I could get to the bug since turkey day and I sent the day fabbing up the exhaust. I ordered a combo 180 and 45 degree mandrel bent 304 stainless 2.25pipe to modify the existing header.

I hacked off a straight cut by the flex pipe to make life a little easier then added about a 100 degree bend out of the 180 to put the turbo next to the engine brace. I also welded a tab to the engine brace to support the weight of the turbo.

I'm really running out of room back there! One of my worries is that the slave cylider is too close to the turbo and it'll boil the brake fluid in the slave. I've already got header wrap and a turbo blanket but i think i might need something t\on the slave cylinder as well.