GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old December 5th 2003, 02:02

Naaaa...

anyways Silver looks good with carbon fiber ... got this pic off carbon Joe's webiste

http://www.carbonjoe.net/images/headlampringlarge.jpg

http://www.carbonjoe.net/images/headlampringlarge.jpg

Last edited by super vw; December 5th 2003 at 02:16.
Old December 5th 2003, 02:13

The picture isn't coming up. It could just be my computer.

Nice. Looks awesome. I love carbon fiber.
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe

Last edited by boygenius; December 5th 2003 at 02:25.
Old December 6th 2003, 23:04

What causes you to go with silver. Not that there is anything wrong with silver, I like silver alot, but don't do something traditional...it can get pretty boring.

In my opinion I would stay with the black, but add a twist to it, use an pearl, like maybe a silver pear to add the c/f effect in the sun light. House of Kolor makes the best pearls you can buy, they are pricy but they create the effect rather nicely. I really think that the Black/silver pearl would look nice, espescially with the carbon fiber accents.

Look on their website to get some ideas, www.houseofkolor.com, and look at all their products, they even have a gallery you might want to check out...

Just my opinion

John
VolkSport Kfer Gruppe
www.VolkSport.net
Old December 6th 2003, 23:08

i here ya, but i personaly have not seen to many silver Beetles around, and some colors dont look right on a super beetle.
ill check out that site, thanks!

Jonathan
Old December 6th 2003, 23:25

Very true, not all colors, but a lot of them out there haven't been tried yet, either people are to afraid to try them or they go the Porsche template way. I am NOT saying that I dont like the Porsche colors, and might I add that most all of them look good on a super beetle, but I beleive if you want your car to stand out in the crowd you need a killer paint job, wether it be a Porsche silver or a flat white from you moms station wagon, as long as there is a twist to it there will never be another one like it!

So if you don't like the black/silver idea, why not go with your silver, blue, or green, but make it unique. Even if you can barely notice, add a little flare to the paint and it will stand out, ALWAYS!!

John
VolkSport Kfer Gruppe
www.VolkSport.net
Old December 6th 2003, 23:35

hmm, yeah... im not totaly trying to stand out, just look good be clean and have style. theres kind of a old school Porsche "race" look that is going around the whole car from Porsche Fuch wheels, to the interior and with a little modern flair such as carbonfiber and other mods not yet done. I have wanted to paint it black for the logest time (4 years) and like i said played with the idea of other colors. but im sorta geting tired of the black idea and a silver i think would look nice.
any one have pics of there silver cars? some 1303s maybe?

later
Jonathan
Old December 7th 2003, 08:11

Hi Super VW, its Porsche polar silver and my car is in the members gallery. The colour matches with black and carbon nicely but I still have the trimings to be powdercoated. Glad you like the colour.
Old December 10th 2003, 17:00

Don't get me wrong, because I wanted to paint my 1302 Polar Silver at one point, but then I decided on a Dodge Ram color called Crimson Red. It is sort of a Maroon color, will look good with CF and dark gray interior, tinted windows, etc etc. But, I wanted to go a more original route, and paint my car a color that wasn't even german, let alone Volkswagen or Porsche. I think a nice blue color that would look absolutely sick on a 1303 GL is that midnight blue metallic you see on Si Honda Civics. I still intend to paint my other bug that color, even though it's prolly gonna be a Cal-look racer, since my 1302 is the GL car . Another color I was looking at when it came time to paint the '02 was another Dodge color, from their 1990 pallette, called "Black Cherry"-- it was a DARK metallic red that gleamed beautifully in the sunlight-- looked like blood, not to sound morbid or anything, but it was an awesome color. I went with the Crimson because it looked better with CF parts!

There's my 2(hundred) cents!

WipEout