GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old March 7th 2006, 10:43

Vr6 Kid Talking Junk!!

Well yesterday I was going to the local auto parts store to get a tach for my vdub when one of the guys behind the counter asked what it was going on. I replied a Volkswagen. Some other kid said what year. I said a 70. He laughs at me. I was like that’s your vw out side isn’t it. He was like yeah. I told him he shouldn’t be knocking on me for putting a tach in my vw. I asked him if he ever took it to the local drag strip and he said yeah. He said he ran in the 9.70’s in the 1/8th witch has to be a lie. There ant know way that car is that slow. He was like ill give you a couple of car lengths I was like ok. Laughing at him. I said you better watch out my 1641 has some grunt. Ha ha.

Im going to assume that his vr6 is a gti. I didn’t get to take a good look at it so I don’t know for sure. What times do the vr6 gti’s run? So ill know what to look forward to. O yeah by the way, I don’t have a 1641 im running a 2275 that will be turbo in two weeks.
Old March 7th 2006, 11:52

hey breeze where u at in sc. you shouldnt have many problems with the vr6 but i dont belive in giving car lengths, or takin them for that matter :agree:
Old March 7th 2006, 13:09

i live right out side of Ware Shoals. i dont believe in lengths eather.
Old March 7th 2006, 14:25

Im just wondering, I am building a mild 1800 which is nothing like the 2.0, but I have to stay in my price range! I was planning on 96mm pistons and and mild cam! I am getting the head ported and polished and am thinking of running CIS. How fast could this get my 74 super beetle going? I am not that great with engine so I dont know!
Old March 7th 2006, 16:16

Im not sure. But I know its fast enough to get you killed. Yesterday I was crusing down the road and I came up on a truck so I dropped it down in 3rd and stomped on it. my speedo was tached out at 90 in a split second then I hit 4th. I loved every second of that. I just cant wait to get my turbo on!!!
Old March 7th 2006, 16:30

What are you runnning?
Old March 11th 2006, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREEZE
Well yesterday I was going to the local auto parts store to get a tach for my vdub when one of the guys behind the counter asked what it was going on. I replied a Volkswagen. Some other kid said what year. I said a 70. He laughs at me. I was like that’s your vw out side isn’t it. He was like yeah. I told him he shouldn’t be knocking on me for putting a tach in my vw. I asked him if he ever took it to the local drag strip and he said yeah. He said he ran in the 9.70’s in the 1/8th witch has to be a lie. There ant know way that car is that slow. He was like ill give you a couple of car lengths I was like ok. Laughing at him. I said you better watch out my 1641 has some grunt. Ha ha.

Im going to assume that his vr6 is a gti. I didn’t get to take a good look at it so I don’t know for sure. What times do the vr6 gti’s run? So ill know what to look forward to. O yeah by the way, I don’t have a 1641 im running a 2275 that will be turbo in two weeks.
Yeah, my 73 don't get much respect from the people around here either. Expecally on the local non-vw boards. I'll be changing their minds soon enough.
Old March 12th 2006, 10:10

Golf vr6, no match for your bug! 0-100km/h bout 7.6sec, 1/4 mile 15.7 stock!
Old March 12th 2006, 13:48

this is my first post and if your 1641cc has some serious work done to it you will get ate by the VR!!!!! if that VR is stock and has a bad driver you might have a chance!!!! not knocking on ya but i've got 3 yrs expeierence on building fast water-cooled vw's. i am also going to go the hi revving 1776cc built for auto cross motor for my super. nlet us know what happens!!!!
Old March 16th 2006, 14:20

hey cook its not a 1641 its a 2276. breeze you shouldnt have any problems with many watercoolers. my 2276 (except for the happy gas)is mild and i dont have any problems with hondas mustangs or bmws ,which around here is a real problem bc the bmw factory is close,with no happy gas.
Old March 18th 2006, 08:04

2276 will see most of them off. 2666T4 have had STIs, 996 c4, M3, Evos, c32, dnt even bother bout hondas or silvas A 1.8T bug tried to take me but we had fun