GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old April 29th 2004, 11:50

Possible GL Candidate

Hi everyone!

I recently sold my old sports car and was wondering: What the hell could I do with 9K$ ? I spotted a few VW Beetle and came upon a 2 tone, no chrome, early 60's beetle project car. I would like to know how much should I pay fot the car. By car I mean floor pan plus body. The car is sitting on blocks and everithinq mechanical was stripped from it. The body is in good shape, paint is a bit faded but no rust.
Old April 29th 2004, 13:53

info on any modifications, engine, any parts with it, glass, rubber, etc?

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old April 29th 2004, 14:52

how much to pay...

That is a really good question. I know of a guy here in Texas that is selling his 71 super for $300.00
That deal includes this. Pans are rusty and need to be replaced.All interior has been stripped (and is gone). Windows have been removed along witha all parts attatched to fenders.(windows & lights in storage-fenders are gone) Engine is still intact...(wont start) the sun roof still works.
My dad just bought a car for $400.oo and it's the same type and year only wit NO RUST any where and all intact.
They told him the engine was FROZEN...aprt from that the car is fine. Based on all of this I've seen a car you are describing go from any where from $150 -$1000 dollars US.
So... I would just make a low offer of $300 and see if he bites. Otherwise...Just ask the guy what he wants for it and then offer him a lower price in cash...can't hurt. GoodLuck.
I might have a bug you can buy if you live in Texas near San Antonio!
Old April 29th 2004, 16:30

Hi,

Thanks for the advise Uber, and unfortunately, I don't live near Texas. In fact I live in Qébec Canada.

Zen, I don't have this info yet since I spotted the car while going to see a friend who lives near by. From what I saw, there is no mechanical component, no engine or trans. I'm going to go back there to get that info next week, I'm a bit occupied until sunday, I hope this could be a good builder!
Old April 29th 2004, 19:53

canadian eh?

thourougly check the heater tubes, they have a bad habbit of rusting out up here.

I know In alberta for a mid '60's beetle with no running gear but solid body I wouldn't pay more than $600 cdn, thats assuming the body is completly rust free and strait. if not forget it.