GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old December 23rd 2004, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy

these are some pics of the frame that were sent to me.still waiting on a reply from him about plans.or if you can contact him about them.

It won't let you see the pictures, you need a password to veiw....

Rob.
Old December 23rd 2004, 23:56

V8 bug

I thought about the toronado engine and tranny combo but decideed it was not what I wanted. I have access to many porshe trannys. It was a good idea to use the boxter tranny. I need to know what year to use. Where can I get an audi tranny. There are many people telling me to use audi trannys but what other options do I have. I need to know where to put the radiator or radiators. I don't like the louvered decklidsat all. I want it to look like a semi-stock bug with cool wheels. My father suggested that I use the intakes that panelfanatic used. He said to seperate the front of the bug and the back with something with a small cut-out fror my rear view. He said to mount the intakes in the side windows and leave out the rear window. Or leave out the side windows and the rear window. My biggest problem is the radiators at this point. Thanks for all you inputs. :agree:

Mike
Old December 24th 2004, 14:13

password (350bug)
Old December 26th 2004, 18:49

Audi Trans

Does anyone make a adapter plate and linkage for the Audi Trans that will adapt to a type IV? Also has anyone already installed this Audi trans in a bug. This is my first time seeing it and man I can see where it would fit the bill. :agree:
Old December 26th 2004, 22:43

coffinator

You may wanna try and do a search in Yahoo or somethin for V8 914 conversions cuz I think at one time that was a pretty popular thing to do.Maybe you can find some useful information !?

Rich
Old December 27th 2004, 18:44

Hi again,

if you want a big V8 to get more Hp and torque, why not consider swaping a Subary Impreza tubo engine. You could use the Subaru 5 speed transaxle that comes with it, mount it in mid-engine configuration or mount it rear-engine with reverse cut ring an pinion gears. No more need to find an adapter to mate the engine to the tranny. This would keep the weight of the car as low as possible, also subaru engines have low center of gravity, it could help if driveability is an important factor in your build.

Frank